Sunday 15 June 2008

Pulling it all together

The Winter's Tale - final weekend rehearsals

A tiring weekend spent running slowly through the different scenes and then repeating them at performance pitch.

On Saturday we made it through at least halfway and it's starting to come together quite well. We can see which bits need improving and where lines need to be polished, but the overall performance is taking shape. I've missed so many weeks the choreography I came up with has slipped my mind. Fortunately, Harry isn't so forgetful.

Sunday is harder. The weeks I've missed concentrated on the second half and I'm behind. I've also neglected to learn some lines, which I'll have to focus on over the next couple of days. I'm all responsible for the songs, so as well as my lines I'm going to have to learn the music cues.

The group as a whole worked hard and remained positive. With three more rehearsals this week, it looks like we're going to get there..!

No comments: