Sunday 22 June 2008

The Winter's Tale - opening night

A good opening night, four-fifths sold out and only two walkouts, citing "claustrophobia" - which indicates the second scene works! Paul has developed an excellent performance, starting weak and transforming into a menacing jealous Leontes. The vaudevillians routines work well, although I mess up a couple of times.

I did cock up one part quite badly and froze, my mind blank, thinking the whole performance was about to collapse, but Harry stepped in quite brilliantly and picked up with his next line. And no one noticed anyway, as usual. Perhaps I will relax a bit more in subsequent performances.

I particularly enjoy Harry and Rachael's transformation - partly because it means I've just spoken my last line - which sets up a wonderfully moving ending that candlelight makes especially atmospheric.

1 comment:

Mark Dalgarno said...

Re - no one noticing cock-ups.

I'll be watching you like a hawk from now on...

Hope that helps you relax :-)

Mark (Big)